Friday, June 1, 2012

10 Questions with Rachel Ross

Sports Background before triathlons?

Paddling canoes in middle/high school, basketball, recreational running. Pre-race ritual?

Chatting

Strange place you bodyglide?

My toenails. Keeps my polish on.

What are the two most played songs on your ipod?

Right now it'd have to be: We Are Young - Fun. Just Say Yes - Snow Patrol. [editor's note: this interview was conducted about 2 months ago so this playlist is most likely outdated]

What do you crave when you are bonking?

My bed.

How many #2's pre-race?

One, if I'm lucky.

What is an obscure website you visit?

I check the wind and surf graphics for the Molokai Channel on NOAA daily, because I like to go fishing.

What's in your special needs bag?

Bike: nothing, that special needs stop looks like a total disaster. Run: a couple immodium and a five-hour energy, just in case.

Team Macca or Team Crowie?

What? I have to pick? Macca is hotter. But I guess I have to go with Crowie, because humble wins.

What's your ride? (Include a pic)

It's a Betty Designs/Team Nytro Kestrel 4000.

Rachel Ross is that kid in high school who didn't do homework, and who didn't study but nailed a perfect score on the SAT. She comes off ditzy in the social media world but my guess is that she's pretty damn smart, and all of it is a marketing ploy. The girl can write...some funny stuff too. Follow her race at Hawaii 70.3 this weekend and on her blog: http://www.runlikeamother.com/

No comments: