Friday, April 6, 2012

10 Questions with James Duff

Sports Background before triathlons?

In high school I was a 4 sport athlete, water polo, basketball, track and swimming. In college (UCLA, go Bruins!), I played water polo. However, I competed in my first triathlon as a sophomore in high school and from then on, I knew that is what I wanted to do.

Pre-race ritual?

Coffee, coffee and coffee.

Strange place you bodyglide?

Unfortunately I'm not too creative with bodyglide, it goes on my ankles, wrist, and neck.

What are the two most played songs on your ipod?

2 songs from Black Eyed Peas, first album, Behind the Front

"positivity"

"Karma"

What do you crave when you are bonking?

A big bowl of Frosted Flakes (or fresh legs when we being passed)

How many #2's pre-race?

Having crohn's disease, this can be tricky, let's say 3.

What is an obscure website you visit?

An econ and finance website.

http://www.calculatedriskblog.com/

What's in your special needs bag?

I've never done an IM so I don't have to pack a special a needs bag, but IM Florida 2012 I think I'll be grabbing one... [editor's note: May I suggest a Red Bull James, that stuff will bring you back to life]

Team Macca or Team Crowie?

Super tough question, I think both guys are great athletes and fierce competitors. They're both two of the greatest athletes in the world and I respect how each of them is true to their personality. I am fan of both guys, but if I had to choose, I'll be on team Crowie.

What's your ride?

Parcycles in Carrboro, NC (a local shop) helped me get the Argon 118. It's going to be fast.

*It's good to see James back racing, and even better, as a pro. He paid his dues to the corporate world working crazy hours as a lawyer, and now with some money under his belt, he's spending a lot more time playing. You can follow James on his website: http://crohnictriathlete.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Beth said...

Very cool! Will be cheering for James this year! :)

Libby said...

awesome! GO JAMES!!

Jocelyn Wong Neill said...

HMMMM. work first, save money and THEN go pro. Brilliant! *taking notes*