Thursday, October 16, 2008

Making A Difference


From the trend of my last couple of posts, I'm switching from writing to just posting videos. This one is about a former triathlete I used to coach when he was in high school. John is now a full time disaster relief worker. The work he does is amazing, considering the conditions in which he has to live. I could never do it and it appears to be tougher than any race I have ever done. I made a promise that I would join him for one of his less intense relief efforts, like rescuing drunk college spring breakers off a coral reef in Bora Bora or something like that. I'm certainly glad that there are people like John in the world and if I can't do it myself, I definitely am going to support those who can. Maybe some of us trigeeks should consider doing a little volunteer work during our off-season.

No comments: