Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 98: New Zealand is for Runners

If Paris is for lovers, then New Zealand is for runners. I've been treated to some amazingly beautiful running trails. And did I mention the hills? I love hills, whether it be running or biking, because you are always rewarded in the end with a great view (and downhill). My favorite run thus far is the Mt. Iron trail toward Albert Town, then along the Clutha river, and finally back into the town of Wanaka; where coincidentally, there is an ironman in mid-January, hmmm...

I fly back to Sydney tomorrow afternoon where I will spend my final two weeks in the southern hemisphere. No more holiday state of mind for me as I try to get back into shape for the Sydney Half Marathon on May 16th and the Hawaii 70.3 on June 5. I'm excited to get back on the bike after being away for exactly one month. My sabbatical is winding down and thus, I try to remain in the present and savor each day. Life is good.

1 comment:

Charisa said...

Awesome pics! Love that you'll get to do a 1/2 marathon before you leave. Wish I was doing Honu - would be fun to race with you and Bree!