Thursday, April 21, 2011

Concerns

For whatever reason, my mind is full of concerns this week. I'm thinking maybe if I write them down, they'll go away:

I'm really tired after the race, should I stay the course and follow the plan until my rest for Wildflower or take some rest days.

If I stick to my 8 days on, two days recovery schedule, I'll have recovery on Saturday, which is one of the sole two days that I can actually ride outdoors.

My left knee has been bothering me since the race on Sunday.

My right heel is still bothering me.

My right glute and hammie is progressively getting tighter again.

If I wasn't a triathlete, would my only concern be what am I going to eat for dinner?

11 comments:

Matt said...

Sounds like a little downtime may he

Charisa said...

Listen to your body. REST.

Molly said...

Go into Wildflower fresh, give the body the rest it wants! :)

And I think being a triathlete makes me worry even MORE about what's for dinner. The hunger pangs of Ironman training *still* haunt me!

Beth said...

Matt and Charisa beat me to the punch - sounds like you need REST! (and then you'll have time to worry about what's for dinner :)

mtanner said...

Listen! You know it! What is up with the phantom pains? Get some good rest and adapt. Then tear WF apart-

Teresa said...

Do you think your body is trying to tell you somethin'? Its knocking and waiting for you to answer :)

Rest, my friend, days of will make you BETTER, pushing through can break you....no risks!!! To close to race day!!

tn

JC said...

take some time - REST! You will end up in a better place mentally and physically if you do - do WHAT you would tell someone else to do! Think of your little swimmers…….REST!

D said...

mmmm... dinner.

Libby said...

agreed with the above. find 100% again before you push!

IAN said...

If you weren't a triathlete, dinner probably wouldn't be nearly as big of a concern.

Then again, you probably wouldn't consider half a jar of peanut butter an appatizer either.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Did you follow the advice? Did it work? Hope you're feeling better!