Tuesday, August 23, 2011

10 Questions with Matt Cusack

Sports Background before triathlons?

Nada, previous to getting into triathlons I spent my time in the mountains; rock and ice climbing, so compared to some of my days in the mountains, Ironman is kinda short.

Pre-race ritual?

Coffee, I tend to pace around transition and get into my zone, love soaking up race morning energy!

Strange place you bodyglide?

Hmmm, anywhere there could be friction pretty much.

What are the two most played songs on your ipod?

Welcome to the Jungle- GNR and We run this town-Jay Z

What do you crave when you are bonking?

Coca Cola! a cold one and some plain ol' salty potato chips

How many #2's pre-race?

Usually 2

What is an obscure website you visit?

Cascadeclimbers.com but not sure if its obscure.

What's in your special needs bag?

Bike: First endurance liquid shot flask
Run: Red Bull (defizzed)

Team Macca or Team Crowie?

After reading Macca's book, I really have even more respect for him. Plus, he keeps in interesting, Crowie is too low key.

What's your ride?

2006 Quintana Roo Seduza, its been very good to me.

*I'm looking forward to ripping it up with Matty on the IM Canada race course this weekend. You can follow Matt at his website.

2 comments:

Libby said...

GO MATTY and Kiet!! you guys better both tear it up! time to shine!
loving the coke pic matty- classic!

Beth said...

That is a classic picture of you with the coke! :) Hope you two have an AWESOME time this weekend!! Can't wait to hear all the stories!!!!!!! :)