Thursday, May 10, 2012

Confirmations

Those of you who follow me know I'm a big fan of the Universe, and the clues it sends me. Lately, I feel like the Universe has been confirming some of the things I'm doing this season.

First, I've been doing weights...consistently. I'm not a big fan of the weight room, so in order for me to get the job done, I need some endorphins flowing through me. I usually hit the weight room post-run when I'm experiencing the runner's high, and motivation is at a peak. I've used the runner's high for other things like cleaning the bathroom, writing long essays, and cleaning the garage. A friend sent me this article on weight training post endurance workout, and confirmed what I've been doing is a-okay: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05/02/mixing-weight-training-and-aerobics/.

Second, I've been doing single leg squats for the past 6 months as a way to get in some extra strength training when I'm not in the weight room. I was catching up on blogs and low and behold, Kim is blogging about the benefits of single leg squats to increase hip strength and stabilization, to improve your run stride. And well, my running has been on fiiiiiiire of late. Who knew?

And finally, as I was waking up this morning, I looked down by my bedside and saw this tag line: "Race Faster By Training Less". Exactly.

5 comments:

Beth said...

The universe is smart - take heed!!!! ;) Getting the work done Kiet - good stuff!

Teresa said...

All huge signs!!! Your doing it all right!! :)

Michelle Simmons said...

I'm doing those single leg squats too. Yup. ;)

rr said...

I heart the universe.

Libby said...

nice to have you back in sync with the universe :) it feels right all the way from over here in florida!