Monday, February 18, 2008

I'm Down to My Racing Weight

Without any training, I've been able to get down to my race weight, 125 lbs, thanks to this "little" illness.  My last workout was the mt. bike brick I did last Saturday.  Since then, I've been laid out with the worst sinus infection I've had in a long long time.  Apparently, something is going around and it's knocking people out for 3 weeks or so, everything makes sense now.  I was about ready to give up and do the antibiotic thing, something I am really against taking unless I absolutely have to.  I probably could have done some light training starting on Saturday, but decided against it as I woke up and felt about 85% like my fit self.  Being that this is the worst I have ever felt, I decided that I would only resume training when I could say that I felt 100% healthy.  It's Monday  now and I still feel a bit sore in my ear and throat, so about 95%.  But I'm going stir crazy so I'm leading a 1.5 hour hike with some students and then I'm going to try and do some weights.  It feels like eternity since I've worked out but the big picture is that it's only been one week.  The cool thing about not having a race schedule is that under such circumstances, I'm not stressed about being in shape for anything.  However, I would like to get going as I tentatively have a 12k road race I want to do on March 16 and an XTERRA race on March 30.  I'm starting to think about my racing schedule and will have something up once I get completely healthy.

No comments: