Sunday, June 14, 2009

Escape From Alcatraz

Well look at who was in my neck of the woods this past weekend? She's an amateur but races and gets treated like a pro. She also has more than 100 peeps following her blog. All week long it has been June gloom type of weather with record lows. But like last year, the sun decided to make an appearance on race day. It was just one of those days when you are just so happy to live in the Bay Area. I got a slot to Escape at Pacific Grove but turned it down. I only slightly regretted that decision today. I did my long run while cheering for the racers. I'm convinced it's much more tiring to cheer/spectate than it is to participate. Here's a great video to give you an idea of what the swim starts is like.

2 comments:

D said...

I went pro at spectathleting last year at Kona and I'll tell ya something... it's harder than any race you'll ever do.

God damn Rachel and her GD hotness. I'd hate her if she wasn't so rad.

Charisa said...

Escape from Alcatraz is the best race!! Glad you had fun doing a long run. I'm not racing IM CDA this year - so I'm not as crazy as you think :) I'm racing Buffalo Springs 70.3 in 2 weeks.