Wednesday, June 30, 2010

One of Those Days

Today's ride went something like this:
Whoa, the legs are tired today.
Hmm...the legs still haven't come around.
Should I try to complete this workout?
Am I really bonking so soon?
Spin more.
Push the big gears more.
Spin more.
How am I going to get home?
Maybe I should call for a ride.
I don't think I'm cut out to this ironman stuff.
Is this healthy?
No more ironmans after Vineman.
Uh oh, the right side of my jaw hurts...I'm bonking.
I think I can make it home without cutting it short.
Almost there, last climb.
Is that an organic ice cream store?
"Can I have two scoops, one mocha, one coconut in a waffle cone."
The sun feels nice.
I'm home, only 30 minutes slower than usual.

1 comment:

Libby said...

two things:
1. at least you got to ride :) :) :) :)
2. all the terrible days are part of the ironman mystique. don't take it as a sign. chalk it up and enjoy the ice cream!
oh and I love the writing on the road, nice.