Tuesday, February 15, 2011

10 Questions with Henry Hagenbuch

Sports Background before triathlons?

I played all sports as a kid, but I excelled at racquet sports and anything endurance related. Don't exactly know where I got the endurance aspect, but I'm happy to have it!

Pre-race ritual?

The night before: about the worst night of sleep possible - waking up every 30 minutes out of fear that I slept through my alarm; my T1/T2 area dawns a large bright pink and white striped beach towel, making it easier to spot coming out of the water and off the bike; pretty much acting like a duck on water - above the surface, I'm calm and collected; below the surface, I'm churning a mile a minute in anticipation!

Strange place you bodyglide?

Ha. I would have to say my good ol' bunions (thanks Mom), although no matter how much bodyglide or protection I put on those puppies, they get torn to shreds without fail!

What are the two most played songs on your ipod?

That's a tough one. I have quite the eclectic library of music.. Off the top of my head, "Can't you hear me knocking" by the Stones..and.."Da Funk" by Daft Punk.

What do you crave when you are bonking?

Good question. I've never actually bonked before in my short career (watch I just jinxed myself), but when I'm running low on energy, honestly the first thing I can grab! I would probably say chips, wheat thins, and if I have left overs, I won't even bother heating it up, doesn't matter what it is!!

How many #2's pre-race?

Nothing out of the ordinary, sorry to disappoint!

What is an obscure website you visit?

I've got nothing. Let'srun.com is about as odd as it gets for me.

What's in your special needs bag?

Probably too much stuff! Extra everything, because I'm the type to make sure everything goes as planned. Race belts, body glide, head bands/hats, glasses, sun block (even though I always forget), about 500 rubber bands, liquids that I never drink, and a pair of flip flops so my bunions can breathe after the race!

Team Macca or Team Crowie?

Team Crowie

What's your ride?

Cervelo P3 on American Classic wheels - In the shop as we speak but here's the old configuration!

*How old am I? Well, let's just say that I taught and coached Henry when he was in the seventh grade. It was amazing to watch him run then and still is amazing to watch him chase his triathlon dreams. Follow him on his website [http://www.gohhgo.com/] and blog [http://gohhgo.blogspot.com/]

1 comment:

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

How cool that one of your kids is excelling in the sport you love. That's karma.