Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Ready for the Race

I'm so ready for my last race of the season, the Big Kahuna Half. I just want it to happen before I get sick, get overtrained, or get injured. I'm actually putting the work in for this half, which is unlike me for longer races. Thus, this race better come soon before one of the three scenarios become reality. Last week was 40 miles of running including back-to-back 12 mile days. Then Sunday was another 12 mile run brick workout including 6 x 1 mile repeats. Like I said, this race better come soon. This week is swim and bike emphasis then race week. Doing Levi's Gran Fondo got me this free Road ID. Now, I can feel secure knowing that if I bonk on a ride or run and need to take a nap in the bushes or pass out, my family and doctor can be contacted.

1 comment:

Charisa said...

Good luck - race hard! Have fun!